Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 330: Watergate

I slept with my bedroom window open last night so I can hear the sound of the rain against my window pane. I love it when it rains! I woke up to the same sound and felt relaxed and happy and I owe that partly to the chamomile sleep tea AND the melatonin pill I took last night. I needed assistance.

Waking up to the rain is a beautiful thing and it would've been even more beautiful had the basement NOT flooded this am. Yes, you read correctly...my wonderful rain dream turned out to be a nightmare. For those of you that keep up with my daily ramblings you know that I recently painted the basement floor and you also know about the back breaking and calloused efforts that went into my little painting project. *Deep sigh* Such is life I guess.

I  got so caught up with the water works that I almost forgot about my 12pm conference call for the New Balance/Susan G. Komen for the Cure event taking place this Sunday.

I spent a good part of the morning wading through the water with my galoshes and taking photos for evidence. The cleaning company was scheduled to arrive at 4pm and I was dreading the damage to the floors once they were done bleaching and blowing and drying. Imagine my horror when I saw all the chipped paint. What a colossal tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment