Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 349: Turned On

I walked into his house and walked out feeling extremely turned on. So much so that if he would've backed me into a corner and demanded my body, I would've sweetly smiled and said, "what position do you prefer?" Yes, I know that sounds slutty but it's the best way to describe what and exactly how I felt. I can't blame the wine or any third party influences because when we first arrived I was sober and straight as an arrow. But I must admit, by the time we got back from Pearmund Cellars I was inebriated from all the wine tasting and my senses were super intense. Add to that the snug goodbye hug he gave me at the end of the night and I was ripe for the picking. If only he knew!



Saturday's plan of action was to drive an hour to Jackson's home and then hop in his car so we can drive to a nearby wine tasting at a vineyard. Jackson was my sister's long time buddy who was known to me as somewhat of an asshole with a good heart. I'd never really had the pleasure of engaging in conversation outside of hello and goodbye and he didn't hang around her regular circle of guy friends.

Jackson had this half Asian half black look about him that made him appealing. He was good looking and he knew it. He was in his mid 40's but had the aura of a 28 yr old and still maintained a too cool for school vibe. That was attractive. I suppose this is the first time I really paid close attention to his person. He didn't say much throughout the day but his presence was definitely felt. He didn't drink at the wine tasting so that left him as the designated driver, which was great because my sister, Sheryl and I had fourteen bottles of wine to taste. That experience in itself was great because for the first time I actually paid attention to the wine enough to recognize ingredients, smell, texture and the after taste. I felt like a real wine taster as opposed to those who go just to get buzzed. That used to be me.

I took notice that Jackson came around once in a while to see how we were doing and then would disappear outside to bask in the sun I imagine. At one point I turned around and was caught off guard by him sitting directly across from where we stood watching us or me through his shades. The next time I turned around he was gone. I would pay a pretty penny for his thoughts at that moment.


After our tasting we bought seven bottles of wine between the three of us and sat outside to enjoy a bottle before leaving. We found Jackson already seated and joined him for an afternoon of sun, wine and friends. It was grand!


By the time we left, we'd worked up such an appetite that we decided to head to Bonefish Grill for dinner. Now that's a place I hadn't been to in a while. The bang bang shrimp is always a treat. After dinner we returned to Jackson's house for a quick nightcap and it was then that my sister gave us the grand tour. It's my understanding that he got the house under the pretense of getting married and starting a family with his then girlfriend. However, things didn't quite work out that way so he now lived in this well decorated (probably by the ex) mansion-home all alone. Awww! Perhaps he'll let me visit one day and turn his house upside down....lol! That's funny. God, I hope he doesn't read this particular entry.

After the tour ended I was left feeling aroused and enlightened. Aroused because he was good looking, lived well and paid me no attention whatsoever and vice versa (almost like we were quietly checking each other out without letting on). Enlightened because I got to see a side of him that made him likable. We left shortly after and he gave everyone a hug and saved the last good bye for me :-). I purposely got in the car before he could give me a hug to see if he would make his way to my side and rightfully get what was his. He did. (Oh the games we play). I saw him walking over and I stepped out of the car and walked into his arms. Okay that sounds a bit melodramatic. He had his arms stretched out and I gave him a hug. lol. Something about it felt good. Maybe he felt it too? Or it could all be in my head. Now every time I think about Jackson I smile or chuckle. I can't have a crush on my sister's homie, that sounds so juvenile.
Nevertheless, he continues to invade the space in my thoughts. Hopefully this wears off sooner than later.

1 comment: