Breakfast @ Highlands with the crew. Vance made a cameo after a long absence. The fantastic four back together again enjoying food and great convo. It was the first time we'd all sat together since the explosion between Lisa and Thorne at Lima's. Now that all was well, life with the breakfast club was moving forward accordingly. Yay!
Today @ Miriam's Kitchen we read and analyzed "O Captain! My Captain!" by Walt Whitman and "If" by Rudyard Kipling. I had a big turnout considering it was Christmas Eve. I thought most folks would opt for food over poetry, but I guess poetry prevailed. Some more new faces joined my group, which was great. There's something amazing to be said about having a round table discussion with an intellectual group of people despite their circumstances. Society has this crazy misconception of the homeless; that their uneducated, crazy, unintelligent. I've experienced the complete opposite.
No comments:
Post a Comment