Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Cheers to the freakin' weekend...that just passed.

Good times were had on Friday 7/18...met up with my girlz (BonBon & JC) for happy hour at A Bar on Pennsylvania Ave. I strongly recommend the Cilantro Gimlet and the Casablanca. All you need is two. I celebrated my birthday there last year and was given a bottle of champagne in honor of my special day...so needless to say...I've been a fan since. Got some great news in between sips...one of the homie's is preggers...cheers to that! No wonder her hair looked incredibly long and healthy. I think I'll start taking pre-natal vitamins.

Saturday was interesting...I attempted to dye my hair. I now have three different colors going on...very clown chic. Went to a rooftop party later that evening with the bff...JD (aka my gay husband aka Hugh Jackman). The building had one of the best rooftops in DC...360 view of the city. Sipped a martini or two, met some cool people (one in particular..S. Green...those eyes) and ate a lot of chips. The night ended with JD and I sprawled out in his living room watching our #1 guilty pleasure...Investigation Discovery. Passed out on his couch till about 2:30am. Couldn't get back to sleep so I just lay in the guest bed staring off into space until  my lover Arthur Rabinowitz (Steve Harvey Show reference) rang my alarm. Fifteen minutes later, I had a screwdriver (the drink, that is) in my hand, music playing in the background and the undivided attention of one sexy Russian, French, African human being. I eventually slept like a newborn.

Spent my Sunday afternoon brunching at Newtown Kitchen & Bar on U Street with my old intern. Apparently, when she interned for me (this past Spring) she thought I was intimidating and just had to see what I was like outside of work. Well, little chicklet..how you like me now? I devoured the Omelet of Chorizo Sausage, Smoked Gouda Cheese, Peppers, Asparagus, Vidalia Onions and Spinach. A night of liquid consumption and other unmentionables will do that to a girl. The two free mimosas helped. Spent the rest of my Sunday loafing at home with my babysitter...the television.


EJW

No comments:

Post a Comment