Monday, August 4, 2014

Men and Vodka

I was asked this weekend what my vices were and without a first or second thought I blurted out, "Men & Vodka!" Cue in laughter. How fitting. Sounds like a great title for something, right? The definition of vice - an immoral or wicked behavior. Yup, that sounds about right.

The past Saturday night outing was a much needed escape from one half of my vice. Men. Or should I say Man. *Sigh. I'm starting to fancy my lover Arthur Urbinowitz. And by fancy I mean...he is taking up way more space in the crevices of my mind than he should. And it's driving me nutzzz. And I want no parts of it.

To take my mind off of the aforementioned, I convened with my gay counsel...John D. & Joe G. The best counsel a girl could ever have. Destination - M Cafe Bar on 14th street. Libations...Fall sangria, several long-stemmed glasses of Shiraz and Peroni. Ambiance...contemporary Italian chic...vibrant artifacts...mellow-swank atmosphere...great service. I absolutely felt like I was someplace other than  reality. A welcomed feeling. Thank you Mehdi Zorgani (M Cafe Bar general manager) for providing a good time and making me happy.

As we discussed life love and the bullshit in between over dinner, (Pollo flat bread, Carne flat bread and Prosciutto pizze) I pleaded my sad case to the counsel and was advised to let things flow. This of course is easier said than done because I live inside my brain - over analyzing, daydreaming and corrupting the sanity that is left. Someone should really write a manual detailing the rules and regulations of a FWB situation: What not to do. How not to feel. Where to direct unwanted energy. Blah. Blah. Blah.

The end.


EJW



2 comments: