Good ol' much anticipated Saturday. She came and went like a passing storm leaving behind a lonely and quiet film of dust. One may read this and ask, "what the hell is she talking about?" Well, I wish I had an answer but I don't. It sounded good in my head so I decided to write it. lol
I didn't have much planned today except going to a screening of a hip hop documentary at Bus Boys & Poets. I found out about it from my sister who found out about it from the half Asian half amazing Jackson (read Day 349: TURNED ON for more on Jackson). He'd asked her if she was interested in meeting up and she forwarded me the info because she thought I would be interested in going as well, although she wasn't suggesting I go with Jackson. She had a prior engagement and couldn't make it so of course I seized the opportunity and asked her to tell Jackson that I was going to go and could meet me there. He agreed. So I was geeked to see him again and equally enthused about checking out the screening of a hip hop documentary about the dying breed of female rappers. Having spent some years in the music industry I was curious to see what the doc was all about. I also knew Jackson was into music so I was hopeful that there wouldn't be any awkward silence God willing. Needless to say I was a wee bit excited.
Imagine my surprise when my dear sister called to inform me that Jackson sounded flaky about coming out. I went anyway and even reserved a seat for him just in case he showed up. He never did. And to make matters worse the screening turned out to be something other than what I expected: nothing to do with hip hop a lot to do with b-girlz (breaking dancing). It's bad enough he didn't show, but to now have to sit through an hour of b-girls breaking dancing and discussing their struggles was pure torture. But I stuck it out till the end.
Later that night...
My sister and I cleared the basement in preparation for the floors getting painted the following day. We moved, swept, mopped, taped and slaved until we were satisfied with the results. And then finally we were done and pooped and ready to crash. However, the crashing would have to wait until after the season premiere of SNL.
No comments:
Post a Comment