Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 316: Goodbye Country Place

Today was the one day out of the week that it decided to rain non-stop all morning. Clearly not the ideal day to move but somehow the movers got it all done in record time despite the shitty weather. One of them even had time to hit on me. Priceless. I can't believe it's been a year since my parents moved. It seems like it was just the other day we were hauling their furniture up to the fourth floor and now I was watching as everything was being hauled back down. I couldn't help but get teary eyed thinking about all the memories that were created there.. One memory in particular: my grandmother Josephine. She passed away in that apartment and I was there with her during her final hours. Mother and I held her hand and kissed her cheek as she took her last breath. Her ashes sat in the living room. Her spirit flowed through that apartment everyday.
 
Later that evening...
 
My sister made dinner for mom, V.K. and I, which was incredibly delicious. To top things off V.K. made his famous Ellen's Door Maritni's. We sat at the dinner table old school style and ate, talked, drank, laughed and ended the day on a joyous note!

No comments:

Post a Comment