Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 272: Bittersweet

I had a date with the little lady today. Unfortunately it didn't start off so well because I had to pick her up from the ER. Apparently, she'd called 911 on her own because she couldn't breathe and therefore was taken to the emergency room. Two hours later they let her go with the usual diagnosis of anxiety, weakness, chest wall pain and stress. Yeah, I know...that's a lot going on for a 60 something year old woman that weighs less than a 110lbs. I wish we could get to the root of the problem and make it better but I fear that that ship has sailed. After the ER she made a note to tell me how hungry she was...so hungry that she could roast and eat me. I thought that was hilarious and we had a good laugh. That's one of the things I love about her. Even though her faculties are slowly slipping away she still has a fantastic sense of humor and an infectious laugh. We went to Ihop and she actually ate and didn't push her plate away. That was huge. She must've been really hungry. I took her back to the place she hates the most and hung out for a while until her dinnertime. Made sure she took her meds and said my goodbyes. She hates it when I leave and a part of me hates leaving her there but what can I do.

I text Ike to let him know I was in his neck of the woods and perhaps we could meet so I could get my plate. I would've gone to his house but he opted to meet elsewhere because his old lady was "beefing". Hey, as long as I got my leftover thanksgiving plate. So I told him to meet me where we cracked that bottle and much to my surprise his response was, "Cool. U read my mind." I got there before him and parked. 15 minutes later he pulled up beside me, rolled down his window and gave me a big ole plate and a beer to wash it all down. Aren't friends grand?!

Spent the evening watching Investigation Discovery. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment