I looked a mess today and got hit on three times! How wonderful is that?! I went to Home Depot to buy mold kits for the basement (later found out that they weren't needed) and walked out with a deeply massaged ego and a smile on my face. Ladies, if you ever need an ego boost, make a trip to Home Depot. In my messy case, I had on a RUN DMC sweatshirt, some loose jeans and a cap and still got some stares, a hello, a compliment and a phone # request. On my way home my friend Tristian called to say he was coming over to kill time and shoot the shit before heading to a meeting. I shared my ego boost story and he said something very interesting about his kind. Apparently, my look says two things to men: I look less intimidating and I am in a comfort zone, which makes me (women) more approachable. Interesting, huh? So if I'd walked in with some high heels and a little cleavage I wouldn't have gotten any attention? I doubt it. But maybe the wrong kind of attention.
After Tristian left I took Big Red (that's what I call my truck) to get the bumper fixed only to find out that they couldn't do in the half hour that was promised so I had to come back the following morning and wait around for two hours, which I didn't do.
I came back home and worked for the rest of the afternoon until my sister came home later that evening bearing a brown bagged gift. And by gift I mean chili and cheese fries from Ben's Chili Bowl...yum yum. Delicious doesn't even begin to describe how good they are. The photo looks pretty gross but the taste was amazing!

No comments:
Post a Comment