Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 253: Snow Day

I forgot why people don't venture out when it snows but was quickly reminded why they don't as I braved the storm and drove Lola up and down 95. There were so many accidents that it scared me slow and made me keep my speed at 20mph. The last thing I needed was to crash my sister's BMW. I wouldn't live to see another day and I happen to like my life.

The reason I was out and about in this God forsaken weather was because the little lady and I were driving to Fulton or as she called it, the Boonies, to visit another assisted living group home. By the time we got back into the car, the little lady was convinced that where she currently lived was perfect compared to all the other places we'd seen. That was music to my ears. She's been resisting her living situation from the beginning but I think she's finally coming to terms with the fact that there's no other place as nice as her facility. Once we made it back to familiar territory we went to the Dutch Market for lunch and then hung out in her room until I had to leave at four. Being that I drove my sister's car I had to pick her up from the train station at five. We spent a quiet evening at home with Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment