Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 254: The Professor's Homecoming

I dred driving to Dulles Airport during rush hour. I absolutely dred it with a passion. I can't even begin to describe the level of traffic that backs up the entire highway between the hours of 4pm - 7pm. I don't know why my dad insists on arriving at 4:40pm every time he flies in from out of the country. Well, actually I do. It's the only time Air France/KLM arrives at Dulles. I make that 40 minute trip kicking and screaming all the way there and back. However, I'm glad he arrived safely. He came early and had to wait an hour for me to arrive but luckily he wasn't too peeved. It took an additional ten minutes to direct him to the arrivals gate and then another five to get all his luggage into the car. The ride home took an hour and a half and when I got home I headed straight to the kitchen to make him some tea and dinner. After dinner, I helped him unpack and get situated. He went to sleep shortly after. He amazes me. 73 years old and still as strong as an ox. I love my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment