Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Instagram Made Me Do It!

One of the things I love about Instagram is the ability to 'Explore.' With just one click of the refresh icon users get 21 photo options (based on photos liked) to check out and determine if the pics are interesting enough to add to their list of new people to follow. With that said....

The past few days have found me obsessing over specific types of Instagram images: perfectly made-up women of all shades with long tresses cascading down their backs, double D's, smooth flat bellies, plump apple bottoms and lifestyles that only seem applicable to dames that fit a certain criteria. It's enough to make a 30-something year old who has her feet firmly planted in reality lose her standing...for a few minutes.

After days of 'Exploring' dozens of photos, I started comparing my physique to the prototype of beauty that Instagram makes available to anyone with an account. My belly isn't as flat as I would like it to be, the girls are a modest C-cup, and my a$$ doesn't have its own zip code. I am by no means low on confidence, however, seeing flick after flick of what appears to be perfection has me re-thinking some thangs. My belly could be flatter, I could firm up, I could work out and I could wear 6 inch stilettos everywhere I go. Ok, that's a negative on the stilettos. But on the flipmode side, I could pump the breaks on the Hope French Organic Vodka and homemade french fries . Or rather consume the crack in moderation and stop envying my neighbors lawn.

So, what action did I take after my Instagram shenanigans this past week? I made my Instagram default pic an au natural bikini shot. Yuppers, baby rolls and all. Me as I am. 

That was my take away. 


Instagram.com/ellenthegreat


EJW

No comments:

Post a Comment