I had the day off from work on Friday, which really wasn't a day off because I had to run a billion errands for my dad. It reminded me of the Ocean City commercial where people are wearing bright yellow “Vacation Day” T-shirts acting as a vacation day used to accomplish chores, appointments and other tasks besides an actual vacation. *Sigh.
Saturday was better despite the gray and wet weather. I spent the early part of my afternoon tending to my hair and listening to Rdio...the greatest music app ever. The app plays full albums for crying out loud! Childish Gambino's album "Because The Internet" was my musical choice. I'm now a fan. To put things in perspective...if Frank Ocean and Drake had a music baby, it would be Childish Gambino. I swear!
CC aka Honey aka the Mayor aka the Hustla (this chick has more nicknames than a rapper) came over around 3pm to shoot the shit and catch up. She's considering starting her own mentoring program for young boys and girls in DC. Great idea! The awesome thing about CC is that she has a heart of gold and unlimited resources. Who better to start such a program. Stay tuned.
The rest of the day was spent being girls. Literally. I painted my nails, CC blow dryed and flat ironed my hair, made gimlet cocktails and gossiped about boys. One in particular kept us amused...CC recently met a guy that may be a sex addict. Who in tarnation reveals that when they first meet?! People are awesome! My sister, Lisa-Li came home around 7pm with dinner (smokin' turkey Reuben's with eggplant and garlic fries) from one of my favorite spots...Adega Wine Cellars & Cafe. God bless her little heart.
After dinner is when the real fun began. Scrabble time! If you haven't read my previous posts, scrabble is the
family game of choice. We go hard. We (the Professor..my dad, Lisa-Li, CC and I) played three rounds of
scrabble, polished off 2.5 bottles of wine and called it quits at 4am. We'd lost the Professor around 3 something (age not wine) and
Lisa and CC were barely breathing by the time the game ended (because of wine). lol. Why am I always the last man
standing? Sunday I literally bullshitted all day. The man with the "E" tattoo made plans to come down to DC but I had a change of heart at the last minute. Instead, I watched tv, took a nap, read 'Dark Places' by Gillian Flynn and prepared for the VMAs or rather prepared for Queen B. Oh how I love thee. I've always believed that Beyonce is the female equivalent of Michael Jackson. She deserved every bit of that Vanguard award. I spent the evening watching and tweeting. It was a perfect weekend.
EJW
No comments:
Post a Comment