Wednesday, September 3, 2014

5 Days of Labor

Sheryl P., Doug Kammerer, EJW
I'd like to start off by thanking the powers that be for long weekends. Moving right along..my mini-vacay kicked off on Thursday with a Backyard BBQ and tv cameo courtesy of NBC4 news. I am still basking in the glory of my fifteen minutes of fame. Well, more like 1.5 minutes. NBC4 Chief meteorologist Doug Kammerer does his summer weather forecast from a local DC home once a week and my bestie JD was the lucky host last week. It turned out to be quite awesome.  

I met with my hunky lover/friend Arthur Urbinowitz later that evening and the darndest thing happened - we took shots (the usual). We talked shop for a couple of hours (the usual). And then...we went to sleep. No horizontal mambo dance...just sleep. Interesting. I think we're evolving.

Friday was spent nursing my hangover poolside. I'm pretty sure the cute Serbian life guard in my building has a crush on me. A girl just knows. Later that evening...Sheryl  (mothersfynest.com) stopped by to bid my father farewell on his trip back to Kenya. First thing she asked for was a cocktail. All I had was my sister's flavored moonshine so I made her moonshine on the rocks :). 

Saturday was 'fun day' with the crew. We (Bean, Pocket, Mama D., the Mack, Honey and I) spent the afternoon at Bean's rooftop pool soaking up sun and wine and mojitos. After consuming copious amounts of strong liquids, some of us went to Cubano's for dinner (the dish of the hour - Lechón Asado). And because we (Honey, the Mack and I) couldn't help ourselves, we went to Mi Rancho's for a nightcap and had the audacity to order a margarita pitcher that we couldn't finish. Glutton's for punishment.  

Sunday was 'get dad to the airport on time' day. It went off without a hitch. I get unbelievably anxious when my parents fly until I know they have arrived safely. Needless to say, my anxiety levels are no longer high. After dropping dad off, my sister and I ended up at Total Wine (*sigh)...for free wine tastings and (now that dad is gone) to re-stock my Hope French Organic Vodka. lol. Later that evening...I had grand plans to run the streets with Honey but instead I parked my a$$ at home and watched The Great Gatsby. Around 12 midnight I had the strong desire to vacuum. That night I dreamt that Rihanna asked me to travel the world with her.

Labor Day was interesting. I woke up feeling flawless. I also woke up with a taste for Krusteaz Honey Wheat Pancakes (with crunchy edges) and mimosas. Later that afternoon...Arthur Urbinowitz and I went car window shopping, which turned into car buying. We are no longer creatures of the night. We have officially evolved.
 

EJW

No comments:

Post a Comment