Wednesday, September 17, 2014

La Malinche!


EJW in the black sombrero @ La Malinche
Last Friday brought me three wonderful happy hours at La Malinche, a Spanish restaurant in Silver Spring. I've walked by this place dozens of times and always wondered but never ventured. So the minute Bean suggested going there for happy hour, I checked out the site and was immediately drawn in by the mouth-watering food pics and wallet-friendly happy hour prices. Oh how we indulged in all things $3 (tapas and sangria). Max, the resident bartender, was absolutely awesome. He graciously obliged our every whim...and we had many. He also put up with five drunken noodles trying to figure out the check at the end of the night. Pure comedy. Favorite sangria: Cava, Rosada, Tinta. Favorites tapas: Patatas Bravas, Yuca Frita, Calamares Aztecas, Chorizo al la Parrilla, Datiles, Croquetas de Pollo, Albondigas, Empanadas and Hummus Mexicano. Mui delicioso!!

The rest of the weekend was mellow for the most part. My building had a Mayweather vs. Maidana fight party on Saturday, which was a first and a pretty cool idea. I was happy that I didn't have to leave home to watch the fight or else I would've been pissed that I'd wasted energy to watch a lackluster fight that Mayweather didn't really deserve to win. Marcos Maidana held his own! And who authorized Justin Bieber's presence as Mayweather's sidekick? I guess now that Mayweather and 50 cent are on the outs, The Biebs is his replacement? Too funny.

Sunday's volume was turned way down. I colored CC's lion king mane, watched some mindless tv aka Love and Hip Hop Hollywood (can I just say this is my new favorite guilty pleasure), and went to Bus Boys & Poets for dinner..the Mediterranean burger is a must have for all you lamb lovers.

Oh yes, I downloaded a new free app...BandsintownConcerts. Cool and easy way to find out when your favorite artists will be making a cameo in your hood.


EJW

No comments:

Post a Comment