Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Creme de la Creme

Birthday Brunch Crew @ Creme
It is when I recoil into the quiet and dusty recesses of my mind that I remember John Donne's words...."No man is an island entire of itself." I remember Mumford & Sons "Timshel" lyrics. I remember my family and my friends. And then I begin to unfold and breath easy again; grateful to remember all that I have and all that I love. 


Old and new friends joined forces to celebrate my sister, Lisa-Li's birthday this past Sunday. She has and continues to be the glue that binds us all. I feel lucky to be a part of that foundation; a close circle of flawless friends that bring each other joy. I learned how to be a friend in this crew and for that I am eternally thankful to all the folks in the photo above. I heart you sissy...you are the best of the best. I wish I could clone and sell you to anyone in need of a sister. 

Creme Restaurant and Bar on 14th was the choice pick for Lisa-Li's birthday brunch and it's safe to say that after three hours of bottomless mimosas, good service, attentive staff and a peaceful ambiance....we walked away happy. Thank you Marvin & Michael for accommodating our boisterous group and making sure that we stayed smiling till the very end. Tegist Ayalew (owner), thank you for creating a space where folks like us can congregate and break delicious bread and forge lifelong memories. We will be back! 

EJW

No comments:

Post a Comment