This past weekend found me in a somewhat introspective mood. Plagued with fearful thoughts of the unknown, I constantly had to reassure myself that the universe was working with instead of against me. My own special brand of crazy had officially taken control of my command center. I was moody, irritable and pitied myself at least four times through the course of the weekend. *Sigh. This vicious cycle takes place at least once a month. Some of my spastic thoughts included: why does it feel like I'm missing out on something bigger? Who will I be in ten years? I want more out of life! Do I want to have kids? Who will be the brave soul to love all of me? Needless to say, my brain was all over the place. It still kind of is...but less hectic.
On the colorful side, I did manage to squeeze in some not so spastic moments centered around food & drinks with the usual suspects. I swear, those three vital ingredients have a way of making things better.
The best part of my weekend was going to the movies. The Equalizer literally blew me away. Denzel can do no wrong. The cinematography was fantastic. I also watched No Good Deed, which I wasn't over the moon about...however, it did manage to squeeze out a little originality with the unexpected twist towards the end.
Oh yes, Happy Birthday to my amazing sister...Lisa-Li!
EJW
No comments:
Post a Comment