The Wonder
Oh how I waver
Back and forth
From who you were to who you are
From who I am to who I thought I was
From respecting your transparency to hurting from it
As once again you invade the places that are mine
The places most men bury early and for good
I let you. And I let me.
And all the songs and joy and pain mean something again
And for a moment, sometimes they mean everything
And that's just it.
Those moments.
To have something mean everything
Everything.
Even for an instant
For a moment
The whole world. Your spirit, your being.
To feel the weight of your entire existence, past and future
Merge into a single unimportant pixel
Letting you leave the world and your body
A note, a chorus, a chord.
A bitten lip, the scent of your neck
When you say the funniest thing I've ever heard....
For a moment I become a child
To a child, things can mean everything
And this is why I want to be around you
Because when I'm around you
There are moments when things mean everything
And for a moment I get to feel "The Wonder"
The wonder of the most important thing in the world
The wonder of the only thing that has ever existed
That moment
Just for a moment
No comments:
Post a Comment