I bled the other day
And the red flowed down and through the sheer lining of my control
And the red flowed down and through the sheer lining of my control
I tried desperately to make a play
But the words that stumbled out
Only showed the impetus of my mistake
"Fuck you looking at?", said my stare to the gawking eyes that looked unprepared
"Ya'll ain't neva seen the color red before?"
Big Heads hung low while others maintained their curious high
I could feel the pressure
both sweet and bitter
Bubbling in the surface of all its innocence
Mixed in with other potent ingredients
Like power
And purpose
Freedom
And pleasure
I didn't know then
About all the possibilities now
The irreversible effects to all the forgotten causes
My petticoat used to be white
But now it is the color red
Mixed in with other potent ingredients
EJW
No comments:
Post a Comment